Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Maintenance, a freshen up, and a bit of history

In an effort to blog more frequently I've conducted some overdue blog maintenance.  More importantly, I've freshened up the look and feel of my blog in an effort to make it a little more appealing to myself and any of you folk out there reading.  If you didn't see the previous iteration, you're probably lucky!  It really was a very noob kinda blog.  No doubt it will evolve as I learn more about this wonderful medium.

I'm now reading/following a number of blogs and I'm loving discovering new blogs.  I suppose I should step back a little and give an insight into how I came to be interested in blogs and blogging - what inspired me if you like.

I had been a semi-regular visitor to a wonderful photographic projects website called sh1ft.org.  A few months back I finally took the plunge and decided to participate in one of their projects.  During this project I started looking at the other participants' photos and blogs and stumbled across Scarlet Words.  This blog was what started it all for me.  It inspired me to have a go at blogging and it also led me to Instagram - I'm now an Instagram addict!  Scarlet Words and Instagram have then led me to many other blogs, and the rest as they say, is history! 

As I discover more and more blogs that strike a chord with me, I'll mention them and/or add them to Link-O-Rama over there on the right.  Be sure to check them out.  Oh yes, and if you feel the urge to follow me on Instagram, just search for gawee.

No comments:

Post a Comment