I'm finally back in business as the saying goes. Technology almost beat me this week, but I won out in the end! My laptop decided to get attitude at the start of the week - the clasp thingys (technical term, trust me!) that lock it shut when you close it decided to fail whilst it was shut. The result was that I was unable to open my laptop - hmmm, not happy Jan! Anyhoo, it is all sorted now and I'm back in the land of the online again.
All this mucking about meant that I didn't post my final photos for the February Photo A Day Challenge - this was an annoyance to say the least. So despite being 3 days into March, I'll finally post the remainder of last month's photos...
#FebPhotoADay - Day 26: Night
This seems like an eternity ago! Last Sunday's theme was night. Unfortunately it was a very overcast evening here so my intended photo of the moon and the stars wasn't possible. Now the lovely Wayne did offer to drop 'em, but I politely declined his offer as that wasn't quite the kind of moon I was looking for! I settled on a photo of the cloudy night sky.
#FebPhotoADay - Day 27: Something you ate
Monday's photo prompt was something you ate. I took this photo at work of my lunch. I wanted to capture a before and after shot so that you could indeed see that I ate the food. I also wanted this pic to show not just ate but also the number 8 (something I 8), hence the arrangement of the plate (pl-8!!).
#FebPhotoADay - Day 28: Money
The photo prompt for Tuesday was money. I have to confess that I was having an incredibly lazy day on Tuesday and simply re-edited a photo taken for a photo challenge I particpated in last August. Yes I know, dreadful. I'm hanging my head in shame as I type this (well I'm not really, how would I see the screen and be able to type if I was?!). Here you go, the grand sum of 4 dollars - the extent of my wealth is truly amazing! LOL.
#FebPhotoADay - Day 29: Something you're listening to
The photo prompt for the final day of the February Photo A Day Challenge was something you're listening to. This was a no-brainier. Back in January I mentioned a new music discovery I had made (see here). Well the singer mentioned (Lana Del Ray) has recently released an album which is receiving a lot of air time in our home at the moment. So here you have a screen shot from my iPhone of the cover of Lana Del Rey's new album, Born To Die.
That brings me to the end of the February Photo A Day Challenge and I must say that I've enjoyed it. I'd like to say thanks to Chantelle over at Fat Mum Slim for this great idea. I again found (and started following) some wonderful blogs as a result of this challenge. Chantelle has also come up with another challenge for March, the March Photo A Day Challenge. Now I'm going to have a break from the challenge this month but will randomly participate some days via Instagram. To see what I'm up to, you can view my Instagram feed online or if you're an Instagram addict like myself, follow me. Search for @gawee.




Hooray! You're back! I won't lie and say that I didn't notice your absence. I was about to start leaving comments on your posts to ask where you were and were you coming back? But I thought that was a bit too stalker-ish. ;)
ReplyDeleteNow, about today's post:
Your night photo has little stars?! I ♥ it! Once again, your description is so funny and entertaining! And the 'something you ate' photo? BRILLIANT!! Regarding the photo of the coins, I had never seen an Australian dollar before - the kangaroos are cute. And I had never heard of Lana Del Ray before. Curiosity got the best of me, so I clicked the link and watched the video. Beautiful, haunting song, but let's just say I hope I don't have nightmares tonight! Creepy! I've really enjoyed your month in photos and I look forward to following you on Instagram. Cheers!
Thank you so much for the kind words Catherine. I hope you didn't have nightmares - it is a haunting song as you say and the clip is a bit bizarre in places. I just love the cinematography and that castle in France is just stunning.
DeleteAs for the 'too stalker-ish' comment, made me laugh! And I too am going to follow you on Instagram. Be sure to check out Webstagram online too - it allows you (and others) to view your Instagram feed online.
G.