Saturday, 17 March 2012

Irish Luck and English Friends

The Irish
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!  In keeping with the theme of Saint Patrick's Day, I thought I'd share a photo that encompasses both the origins of the day and today's photo prompt for the March Photo A Day Challenge (which I'm not technically participating in!) which is Green.  So here you have a photo of a 4 leaf clover that I found quite by accident a few weeks back.  The lovely Wayne and I were at the park and I happened to glance down at a patch of clover and this little gem was right there in front of me - no searching involved!


According to tradition, such leaves bring good luck to their finders, especially if found accidentally.  According to legend, each leaf represents something: the first is for faith, the second is for hope, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck.  I hope that this 4 leaf clover (or shamrock) is lucky for me!

The English
Today I caught up with my dear friend Tracy who lives in England.  It's been a couple of months since we had a good chin-wag but as always, it's like we spoke yesterday.  As well as catching up, today we tried something new (to each of us).  We downloaded Skype and chatted via video on Skype.  Well how cool is Skype!  Neither of us can believe that we have taken so long to embrace this wonderment of modern communication.  Now I'm sounding like someone's nanna!!  Oh dear.  Anyhoo, I just had to share today's discovery with you dear reader.  Tracy and I are hooked, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment