No it's not what you think!
Slackness
In my last post where I showed my month in photos as part of the Photo A Day Challenge, I did say that I was looking forward to participating in the July challenge. Well I did have the best of intentions to do so however a combination of things has put paid to that. Firstly, I've been quite the social butterfly as it was our anniversary last week and the lovely Wayne's birthday this week. Secondly, I've been flat out doing long days at work. And thirdly, I've been a slacker! The result is that I have managed just one photo as part of the challenge so have decided that I'll take the month off from photo challenges! These same three reasons (oh ok, excuses!) are why I haven't posted either.
Anniversary
Like I said above, last week the lovely Wayne and I celebrated our anniversary. It was our 23rd anniversary. We celebrated with dinner out at a fave little Italian Restaurant followed by hot chocolates and decadent desserts at a specialty chocolate cafe. It was a great evening and I may or may not have had one glass too many of red wine! I do love it when the lovely Wayne volunteers to be the 'skipper' (ie, designated driver). I also received a lovely card and flowers too! I guess I'll keep him!
| The card I received from the lovely Wayne |
This years anniversary was actually a bit of a milestone anniversary for me. You see, the lovely Wayne and I have been together since I was 22 years old and as this was our 23rd anniversary, it meant that I've now spent more of my life with him than without him - pretty amazing really. As I'm technically a toy-boy, it's still a few years before the lovely Wayne experiences this kind of milestone!
How long have you and your beloved been together? And what special thing do you do to mark the occasion?
No comments:
Post a Comment