A few weeks ago I mentioned a routine visit to my doctor and
how he wanted me to have all manner of tests undertaken (except a pregnancy test!) and would like me to lose some weight. This week I had my follow-up visit with Doctor P to find out the results. I have to say that I left feeling pretty darn pleased with myself, even if I had been a little nervous about obtaining the results. It appears that although I could lose some weight, I am in fact the picture of good health - those were the good Doctor's exact words! And to top that off, I've now lost 5 kilograms in 4 weeks! So what does one do? Goes out for dinner to celebrate of course undo all the good work! I may have indulged in a rather decadent dessert and a decent quantity of wine too!
This got me thinking that my bodily organs are actually in okay condition. On many occasions I've said to His Handsomeness that I wish to be an organ donor. I've always added that as I wear glasses, drink, don't always eat completely healthy etc, that should the donor decision need to be made, there probably wouldn't be much that could be donated anyway. Like I said, this has made me re-think this. The result is that I'm keener than ever to be an organ donor now because I may actually have something recyclable.
![]() |
| Image source |
Australia has a national organ donor register which you can read about here. Note that I'm not trying to recruit, just sharing my new found awareness. I know that this is after all, a very personal choice.
How do you feel about organ donation? Feel free to share your thoughts on the subject of organ donation. No judgements will be made, I'm just curious (ok, maybe a bit nosey too!).
G. xx

I've always said I wanted to be an organ donor. It's on my licence but I will definitely formally register my decision on the national register too - thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteI've also tagged you to share your ultimate christmas list - check out my latest post. I would love for you to be able to join in!
ReplyDelete