As I'm a caring sharing kinda guy, and you dearest of readers are simply dying to know more about me (stalking even!), I thought I'd share 10 things about me that most don't know. Okay here goes...
1: I don't like mangoes. I know you're all agog at this, but I seriously can't stand the taste or smell of these revolting things. The lovely Wayne on occasion is told that if the mango in the fruit bowl is not eaten today, it is thrown out - I hate the smell that much!
2: I love a good roadtrip. Maybe I'm a kind of Thelma & Louise wannabe, but I do love getting out on the open road and just going, and going.
3: I'm a certified four-wheel-driving instructor. Back when the lovely Wayne and I had every weekend off together we did a lot of four wheel driving in the Jeep. As an aside, I was also the president of a 4wd club for 3 years and am quite adept at servicing my vehicle!
4: I love anything to do with ancient Egypt. I've had a fascination with ancient Egypt since I was a child. I even remember making a Lego Sphinx for a school project once!
5: I have a tattoo of an ancient Egyptian Ankh Cross on my upper back. I got this, my one and only tattoo, when I turned 40 (I'm well aware that you're shocked that I'm actually over 40!). It is roughly 7cm from top to bottom. The Ankh is the symbol for life and is something that I've worn in various guises throughout my life (pendants, rings, etc). This one feels right (just as well as it's kinda permanent!).
6: I don't do the dishes. Many years ago when the lovely Wayne and I were building our first home, we had a "discussion" about having a dishwasher. The lovely Wayne felt that 2 people didn't really need one so I stated that he would then do all the dishes - he agreed (fool)! And that has stuck with us ever since (I'm well aware that I'm now possibly seen as a complete bitch!).
7: I don't iron. I HATE ironing. I would rather clean 10 toilets than iron - seriously! Needless to say you can probably guess who does each of those tasks in this household (if you needed more proof that I'm a bitch, there you go - LOL). I'm sure that this and #6 are why everyone refers to the lovely Wayne as 'Poor Wayne'!
8: I collect Eiffel Tower stuff. I LOVE the Eiffel Tower. I think it is one of the most beautiful pieces of architecture on the planet. I love pictures, photos, models, the lot.
9: I was a hair model in my early twenties for a major hair salon in Newcastle. Hard to believe I know, but I wasn't always this follically challenged!
10: Lastly, I know Kirsty from My Home Truths. We've worked together on and off for over 15 years and share a love of blogging and social media.
And, how's this for a segue, I'm linking up with Kirsty today for her I Must Confess... link-up.
Would you like to confess 10 things about you? Or do you have something else you'd like to confess? If so, leave a comment or link up over at My Home Truths -
you'll feel better for it, trust me.
G. xx

I love your list. I share your distaste for mangoes and your fascination with the Eiffel Tower. We went to Paris for our honeymoon and have a picture frame with the Eiffel Tower on it with a photo of ourselves in front of the Eiffel Tower in it! Overkill perhaps...? Thanks again for linking up, I can't believe we have known each other for so long - where did all those years go?
ReplyDeleteHi Kirsty, thanks for stopping by.
DeleteOur secret is now out - LOL! I have a newfound respect for a fellow mango-hater and Eiffel-lover.
G. xx
I don't like mangoes either. And road trips are awesome.
ReplyDeleteDishes are not :)