Sunday, 11 December 2011

Christmas Planning

OMG, can you believe that its only 2 weeks till Christmas!

Well as of today the tree is up (I'll post a pic later) and our unit is looking suitably Christmassy - not sure if that is even a word, but you get what I mean.  Today I set out on a mission to start our Christmas shopping.  Armed with a list I hit the shops.  So far I've only bought one item off the list but I have bought some lovely gifts - I'll have another go at it later this week as I do know exactly what to get and where from.

Our Christmas this year will be a quiet affair.  This year we are having Christmas lunch with the lovely Wayne's mum.  The nursing home where she lives is hosting a Christmas luncheon for residents and their immediate families.  My sister and my brother-in-law will be almost interstate for Christmas this year visiting my brother-in-law's family so I'm planning Christmas dinner for mum and dad and us.  I'm thinking a selection of fresh seafood and cold cuts accompanied by some delicious salads.  Dessert is currently TBA!

I have to confess that I'm really looking forward to the Christmas/New Year break this year.  I'm taking some extra time off this year so that I get a 3 week break from work.  It's been a hectic year this year work-wise and I'm relishing the idea of my 3 week break.  The best part is that I have very few plans for my 3 weeks off.  A couple of books have been earmarked for reading, I intend to do some photography and I intend to catch up with friends.  All in all, a lovely relaxed break.

Anyhoo, I'll leave you with a Christmas piccy of myself - I had a bit of fun editing a pic of myself with paintbrush!  As you can see, I've missed my calling as an artist...LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment