It's almost here! Christmas that is. And we're ready and waiting - well almost! All the shopping is done (gifts and food) with the only excursion to the dreaded shops being on saturday to buy some fresh prawns. Tomorrow I'll wrap the last of the gifts and place them under (or near) the tree. Speaking of which, I neglected to post a pic of the tree as promised, so here's a pic of the tree and of the new angel that sits atop the tree.
It always amazes me how agro some people get at this time of the year - why can't everyone just be nice to each other?! I finished work for this year a couple of days ago and then set about finishing all the shopping and catching up in readiness for Christmas. The whole time I was out and about I made a concious decision to be patient, calm and just generally nice to people. I'm a great believer in karma and it worked again for me. I got a great park every time and always found exactly what I was after as soon as I walked into the shops. Makes for a stress free time that's for sure. I just wish others would consider adopting the same mindset.
Other things this week included our lovely neighbour Helen popping over for dinner last night with her son Andy who is visiting from Melbourne. We had a great night with lotsa laughs and all agreed that we should do it more often.We also had the lovely Wayne's work Christmas Party which was a hoot as always. We are both lucky that we work with great people at our respective places of employment. It was certainly a fun night with lots of food, music, dancing (& even a little singing) and a beverage or three! We partied until 3am which we haven't done in ages - we've still got it ;-)
This last pic is the lovely Wayne and I at his work Christmas Party - and yes we were still quite sober!


No comments:
Post a Comment