Six day weekend, oh how I've enjoyed you! The lovely Wayne and I both go back to work tomorrow after enjoying a 6 day weekend - talk about luxurious! It all began on Australia Day last thursday. Wow, that seems so long ago. We then took Friday off (as did half the country) as well as Monday and today. It has been a great break actually and dare I say probably better than the 3 week holiday I took at Christmas! Mostly because this time we were both off.
We didn't go away or do anything ground-breaking, it was more the fact that we did stuff together - something that is a rarity due to our often conflicting work schedules. It was a weekend of simple pleasures. Today we went for a walk, some of which was in the rain - and no, we didn't have an umbrella with us. We just got a little wet and it was great. We've also cooked up some truly delicious gastronomic delights, but I won't go into them as I seem to babble on about food in almost every blog post. We ate out, we planted a herb garden, we watched fireworks, we sat on the lounge in our undies watching dvds (there's a mental image for you!) while it rained and rained, we went to the markets (twice), we listened to music, and we slept in 6 times! It really has been a great break and not one bit of it was planned.

I also saw this today and had to post it here - it made me laugh...



No comments:
Post a Comment