It has begun....2012 that is :-) And it is known as twenty twelve, not two thousand and twelve. Here's a little something for you to ponder. It was posted by my dear cousin Linz on facebook and I have to say I agree entirely....
"OK. Let's clear this up. It's 2012 - twenty-twelve, NOT two thousand and twelve. Precedent is the Battle of Hastings 1066 - ten sixty-six, NOT one thousand and sixty-six."
Anyhoo, courtesy of cousin Linz, we've now established the correct pronunciation for this year so I urge you dear reader to go forth and share this info.
How did you see in the new year? The lovely Wayne and I had a quiet night at home that started with Barramundi fillets cooked on the barbeque accompanied with salad and a bottle of Semillon Sauvignon Blanc - delish! Throughout the evening we grazed on all manner of fare including stuffed olives, stuffed peppers, duck pate and brie. This was consumed with assorted accompaniments and washed down with a steady flow of good wine whilst listening to music. It doesn't get any better than this ;-) The only downside was that we had to keep ourselves nice as the lovely Wayne had to work on new years day.
I guess our new year celebrations have set the tone of the year so far. After the lovely Wayne arrived home from work on new years day, we put the top down on the Jeep and headed off for a drive around the lake. We organised to meet my parents on the waterfront reserve at Swansea where we all sat under a tree in the late afternoon sun whilst enjoying prawns, champagne and various other nibblies - great food, great wine, great view and most of all, great company.
![]() |
| Our view while enjoying prawns and champas |
Day 2 of twenty twelve saw us chilling out at home - it was a lazy kinda day that still ended in the same kind of manner as the previous two days. Late afternoon found us driving around the waterfront with the top down to buy pizza. We then headed to a favourite spot not far from home where we sat on the grass at the water's edge indulging in pizza and beers - I had a light beer as driver and the lovely Wayne enjoyed one the chocolate stout beers he received for christmas. Again a lovely way to end the day taking in the great view that is so close by.
![]() |
| The beer & pizza view |
![]() |
| Topless @ the waterfront |
Today is day 3 - I wonder what it will bring...



No comments:
Post a Comment