The Pork!
It seems that we are destined to eat well in 2012! On Friday I decided that I felt like roast pork and so it was that the wheels were set in motion for a roast dinner. My favourite way to do this is to cook a nice rolled boned pork roast on the rotisserie in the barbeque. It always turns out super delicious with perfect crackling thanks to my special trick - and this dear reader is something that if I told you, I would have to kill you! ;-) This was accompanied by a selection of vegetables baked inside in the oven. During all this our neighbour Helen commented over the fence that the smells coming from the barbeque were divine so I insisted she pop over and help us eat it. We had a great evening feasting on the roast dinner and washing it down with a few good wines. We always have fun with Helen, she's a hoot.
The (com)Puter.
My dear dad has decided to leap headlong into modernity by buying himself a laptop (the days of his old 'clunker' were numbered). So today I spent the day at mum and dad's helping dad set up his new router and laptop - who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? You just have to be very patient! Anyhow, the day was a success with dad quite chuffed with his new high-tech world. It was also great to spend the day with him just doing stuff.
The day ended with the lovely Wayne and I heading down to our local to relax and share a bottle of Semillon Sauvignon Blanc whilst enjoying the great view. Life's good :-)
| The View |
PS: I'm aware that this is yet another food post and this blog is seriously at risk of becoming a blog about the lovely Wayne and I gourmandising our way through the year - I will endeavour to expand the subject matter! (but we just enjoy good food & wine!).
No comments:
Post a Comment