One of the blogs that I follow is My Home Truths by a friend, Kirsty (do yourself a favour and go have a read). Each Sunday, Kirsty posts I Must Confess which is a link-up that others are encouraged to participate in. For a while now I've been what could be best described as a long time lurker but haven't actually participated. Today that changes as I Must Confess....
Do you ever have one of those days - you know, the kind where you're in a bad mood and there's no apparent reason why. Now I've self-analysed yesterday and I cannot for the life of me work out what 'did it'. Anyhoo, I'm getting ahead of myself. Yesterday morning I awoke as per normal (got out of bed on the correct side, etc) and within an hour had 'tude for no apparent reason. Sadly (and despite my best efforts to the contrary), that 'tude was with me for most of the day.
First up I headed out to the shops. On the way there, I was convinced that every idiot driver on the road was out in force as they were ALL annoying me. Things didn't improve at the supermarket either - unruly feral children, crazy people that couldn't successfully take charge of their shopping trolley, you get the idea. The whole while I'm trying to snap myself out of it, the self talk about how I had a choice whether these things annoyed me and that I could choose to not let them annoy me - pffft, didn't work! I survived the outing unscathed although I'm sure there must have been steam coming out of my ears at this point...LOL.
Back home my afternoon was incident-free and I even had time for a little nanna-nap on the lounge before beginning preparations for a roast lamb baked dinner. Yay I thought, commonsense has prevailed and I got over myself. Imagine the horror when the lovely Wayne waltzed through the door after being at work all day and asked (innocently) how my day was. At first all was fine - I regaled the tales of annoying motorists, children and shoppers and how I was refreshed after my brief nap. And then it happened - the lovely Wayne made a harmless throw-away comment that I must be getting old and grumpy!! I must confess that I momentarily snapped - you know, "how dare you, you're older than me", etc , etc. This is why I also refer to the lovely Wayne as 'Poor Wayne'. Now I calmed down quite quickly (I think the glass of wine helped!) but I felt terrible that I had unloaded on him. Suffice to say, I apologised and all was forgiven - I think the delicious roast dinner may have also helped!
So there you have it, my confession. Do you have something to confess? Then why not link up with Kirsty at My Home Truths and share your confession. Trust me, it can be quite cathartic!


I have days like that too, all too often for my liking! Glad that the wine, dinner and company did the trick and got rid of the 'tude.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for "de-lurking" (I irrationally really like that word!) and linking up this week - I really appreciate it!
Glad to hear I'm not alone Kirsty! And your very welcome with the linking up - been considering "de-lurking" for a while ;-)
DeleteOh I can totally relate too. Your description of the supermarket and the drivers is funny (and so true sometimes!). And so are the pictures :)
ReplyDeleteBTW, I love your "connect with me" buttons - they look fantastic!
Thanks for the kind words (again) Catherine. The buttons took a couple of attempts - I certainly couldn't have attempted that on saturday!
Delete