I must preface this post by saying that I'm currently very sleep deprived so you'll have to excuse any dodgy spelling and the like! Have you ever had one of those weeks where no matter what you do or don't do, you have dreadful sleep every night?
I've certainly had one of those weeks although so far I haven't graduated to the tired and grumpy state - phew! Now I'm not the best sleeper anyway however this week has been a shocker. I've averaged about 4 hours per night and trust me, I DO need my beauty sleep. I've had broken sleep which is the worst kind as you don't seem to get any useful deep sleep. I've tried all manner of strategies this week - only one (decaf) coffee per day, light meals in the evening, staying up until I'm tired, not spending time at my laptop in the evenings, you get the idea. I mean I even tried the whole counting sheep thing! Suffice to say none of it worked. Hopefully tonight will be different.
As I'm not known for being a great sleeper I get quite envious of the lovely Wayne. He is one those lucky people that goes to bed and is asleep within minutes of his head hitting the pillow, and he sleeps through till his alarm wakes him in the morning - what a luxury that would be. Wow I'm yawning, this is a good sign!
Anyhoo, enough of my whining. Are you a good sleeper? Or not? Leave me a comment about how you combat insomnia - I'm very open to suggestions!

Boy, I can't help you with this one, G. I am a great sleeper. Just like you say Wayne is. I RARELY toss & turn and almost always sleep through until the alarm. Since you wrote this post last Thursday I'm sure hoping you've been sleeping better since then!
ReplyDeleteThanks Catherine, and yes, I have been sleeping much much better.
ReplyDelete