Happy Friday! Thankfully the weekend has begun. I'm sitting here chilling out, glass of wine in hand and appreciating the fact that the weekend is here. It will be a good weekend too as my sister and my brother-in-law are in town for the weekend which means dinner with them at mum and dad's - always a good night when the six of us get together.
You may have twigged that I said I'm sitting here chilling out - no mention of the lovely Wayne. Well that's because tonight I'm an Angry Birds widow! A new version of Angry Birds was released last night (Angry Birds Space) and as the lovely Wayne is in essence a 50 year old child who is addicted to all Angry Birds games, it has been downloaded and is being fiercely played. I imagine other readers with children experience a similar situation however I can't very well send my big kid to his room for playing it too much, can I?! This will last a couple of days until he has mastered it then all will be back to normal. It's actually quite cute to watch as he really gets in the zone. And I will be sure to thank my sister and brother-in-law tomorrow night at dinner as they were the ones who introduced the lovely Wayne to the original Angry Birds.
![]() |
| Image courtesy AngryBirdsAddiction.com |
Anyhoo, I must away as it appears that the man-child's iPhone battery is now low and needs charging, so we will now converse while it charges....LOL. Do you live with a man-child? If so, please share a man-child story in comments.

LOL! I had no idea there was a new Angry Birds game coming out. My son loves that game and, like Wayne, will surely be glued to it until he masters it. I tried to play the regular Angry Birds and couldn't figure out how to get the little birds to land where I wanted them to. And it's not like I need another addiction anyway, right? Pinterest keeps me busy enough and at your suggestion I downloaded the mobile version this week!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to get back to you on the man-child story - can't think of any off the top of my head. Except for the fact that he practically whines when there is 15" of new powder at the ski resort and he has to go to work, Jon usually acts his age. ;)
Oh, and by the way, I just might steal your "Previously on..." heading wording that you have over there on your sidebar ------>
I really like that wording much better than "Blog Archive" which is what I have now.
Have an great day!
Hey Catherine, that's funny that you have an Angry Birds addict in your house too - at least yours is the right age group....LOL. I too have had a go at Angry Birds and although I kinda worked it out, I got bored with it! I much prefer the sudoku or whirly words apps on my iPhone! Then of course there is Instagram and Pinterest - they are my weaknesses! Glad to hear that your Jon is a 'grown up', I imagine that helps immensly in a household with 3 kids ;-)
DeleteAs for the "Previously on", go right ahead. I did copy your "Grab my button" idea after all!
Cheers, G.