Hello dear reader – I am still in the land of the living! I know I’ve not posted in a month, but I’m now back at the helm of this blog so normal transmissions are resuming. Apologies for this lengthy post – but hey, it has been a month!
So, where have I been? Well it’s been an interesting month to say the least. On the personal front, the lovely Wayne and I have been living at my parents’ house for the last month dog-sitting whilst they were swanning around Europe. On the professional front, I’ve been prepping for one of the biggest events in my work year – delivering a management conference for 230 staff at the organisation where I work. Hence the reason(s) why my poor blog has been neglected.
Dog-sitting
I’m sure I’ve covered this elsewhere in this blog, but the lovely Wayne and I live in a unit with a smallish courtyard – not entirely conducive to pets shall we say. So, as my parents were heading off O/S for holidays, their little dog needed minding so it was easier for all concerned for the lovely Wayne and I to stay at their home for the duration of their holiday. No drama I hear you say. Well for all intents and purposes you would be correct dear reader. I mean to say, what trouble could a little mini-foxie cause right?! Now this little dog (named Sari) is a gorgeous little girl, BUT, she is almost 16 (nearly 112 in doggy years) and as such is now sadly starting to show some signs of aging. She’s a lovely little girl but is starting to get a little forgetful occasionally with regards to her toileting. Now this isn’t normally an issue as my (retired) parents are there to ensure she has regular trips outside. Things don’t necessarily work as well when Sari’s carers are working full time! Suffice to say the lovely Wayne and I became quite au fait with floor cleaning and disinfectant! That aside though, she was a model charge and was very well behaved indeed. This brings me to something else about our stay at ‘the folks’ house. Now I have to say this (sorry mum & dad), but their internet service is crap! And after a few failed attempts I simply couldn’t be bothered.
Work work work
Coinciding with our sojourn at my parents’ house, I’ve been working on one of the major bodies of work for the year that I do – a management conference for 230 staff. Despite the pressure and long hours, it was a very successful event, timed as it was to coincide with my parents’ arrival home. The ever dependable lovely Wayne collected his in-laws and delivered them safely home (thanks babe). This year was very different to previous year’s conferences as it was conducted completely electronically. My national director has heaped praise on me for delivering something that has set a new benchmark for such conferences within the organisation where I work. This of course could not have been achieved without considerable support and assistance from a number of people. These include my boss of course who supported me and allowed me to be creative, as well as a few select others (you know who you are). Two people that deserve a special mention are the lovely Wayne for his patience and for making sure everything at home ran smoothly considering the hours I was putting into this project, and someone who I admire and respect because she just manages to ‘do it all’ – she never says no at work despite being a mum to three children, two of whom are special needs. So thanks Kirsty - knowing that you had aspects of the conference covered was both appreciated and comforting.
And so there you have it dear reader, a summary of the last month in the everyday life that is Being Gawee. If you’ve made it this far with this massive post, well done!
I am glad you're back! Congrats on the accomplishments at work!
ReplyDeleteThanks Catherine, and it's good to be back ;-)
DeleteNow I feel even more crap for taking so long to come by and catch up...
ReplyDeleteBTW if you are thanking me for my amateur videography you'd probably be the only one there!
Seriously it was a great day and you did so well to pull it all together - plus the food was awesome (v. important) - well done.
Thanks Kirsty, and there's no need to feel like crap! As for your videography, it turned out great - both the pre-conference shoots and the footage of the actual conference. Like I said, it was great to know that it was being done - one thing less for me to be concerned about, so thanks.
Delete