Sunday, 10 June 2012

Pretty in Pink

Now I know dear reader that those of you that are of a certain age will know that this blog post's title is the name of a classic coming of age movie from the '80s.  Others of you may not!  Anyhoo, the photo.

June Photo A Day - Day 10:  Best bit of your weekend
Today's photo prompt was best bit of your weekend.  The best bit of my weekend so far has been this evening.  I'm tucked up on the lounge with the lovely Wayne in front of the TV on a cold winters night.  It doesn't get any better than this.  Well maybe, and it has.  To top it off we are watching a fave classic from my youth - Pretty In Pink.  I haven't seen this movie in years and I'm loving every bit of it - the music, the fashion and the hair.  LOL.

Anyhoo, enough of my reminiscing, here's my photo - the lovely Wayne and I snuggled up on the lounge under a blanket.


As an aside dear reader, what's your fave '80s movie?  Tell me in comments below.  Or not!

5 comments:

  1. Cute photo! I love Pretty in Pink also, but my FAVORITE '80s movie has to be St. Elmo's Fire. Ahhhh, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine.

      I'm now hanging my head in shame as I type this as I have to confess that I have never seen St Elmo's Fire!! It's the only movie from that genre and time that I haven't seen - oh the shame.

      Is this post now classed as an intervention? Perhaps it is and I should now make a concerted effort to view said movie!

      PS: I do also love The Breakfast Club!

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, The Breakfast Club is awesome too! Yes, you should see St. Elmo's Fire!! It's funny and poignant and has great music - definitely worth watching.

      Delete
    3. Ok I'm now on a mission to view St Elmo's Fire!

      Delete
    4. You'll have to let me know what think when you see it.

      Delete