I jest of course! I'm certainly no movie buff and really don't know the first thing about the technical side of movies or movie making, however I do know which movies I like. More to the point, I know which ones are my favourites.
I'm linking up today with Kirsty of My Home Truths for I must confess... This week Kirsty suggested we all 'fess up to our five fave films. A pre-emptive confession first though - I've failed as I could only get my list down to six! And lets face it, it was easier to arrange six movie posters into a collage of sorts than five - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Anyhoo, the movies...
![]() |
| Movie poster images courtesy of IMDb |
1: Love Actually - easily my absolute most fave movie ever. I laugh, I cry, I swoon every single time and I MUST watch it every Christmas (and usually a few other times throughout the year).
2: The Sound of Music - I've loved this since I was a kid. Even as a kid there were clearly signs I was gay! LOL.
3: Pulp Fiction - what can I say? This movie really is fantastic the way it all comes together. And I'm a huuuge Tarantino fan (and the Coen brothers too).
4: The Breakfast Club - this is just such a great coming of age movie from the '80s. As I was a teenager in the '80s it kinda strikes a chord (and that music).
5: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - this is just fabbo on all sorts of levels. I remember feeling quite liberated the first time I saw it as a 13 year old and bought the soundtrack the next day. I've also seen it live numerous times.
6: Monsoon Wedding - this is a beautiful Bollywood movie. It's quite confronting at times however it remains a fave. I love foreign films and could have included a few in this list.
Honourable mentions include The Rose, Fargo, Roman Holiday, Thelma & Louise, and The Birdcage.
Like I said, I'm linking up with Kirsty of My Home Truths for I must confess...
Would you like to confess your fave five films (or six even!)? Or do you have something else you'd like to confess? If so, link up or leave a comment over at My Home Truths -
you'll feel better for it, trust me.
G. xx


Love Actually is my all time favourite as well. Oh how I love Hugh. I am a bit of a Pulp Fiction fan as well, though I must confess I have not even seen the others that you mentioned!
ReplyDeleteHi Rhianna, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.
DeleteAhhh Love Actually - you can have Hugh, but don't be thinking anything about the lovely Colin Firth, ok! LOL.
Pulp Fiction - it's an experience really isn't it. Fun to watch after a few wines and (attempt to) speak all the lines in it - a good laugh!
G. xx
Good choices! I obviously share your love of Love Actually - it is the perfect vignette movie, funny, romantic, sad, touching, inspiring...
ReplyDeleteThe Sound of Music is also awesome and warms my big romantic heart! Thanks for linking up G!
You're very welcome Kirsty.
DeleteThe Sound of Music huh - you've been channelling your secret inner gay man haven't you? LOL.
Thanks for stopping by (again).
G. xx