This afternoon the lovely Wayne and I had our annual check-up with our doctor. Yes I'm aware that this is such an 'old people' kinda thing to do - the his and his check-up! Thankfully all was well, however Dr P said that now that we are middle aged (puhlease!), we should both lose a little weight and increase our (nearly non existent) exercise. He also said we should cut down on the booze and extravagant lifestyle! Now I have been doing Weight Watchers as I've discussed previously but I haven't been sticking to it as rigorously of late. Ok, I may have gained a little, but I'm still lighter than I was!
Anyhoo, as we were walking back to the car (see, exercise) I remarked to the lovely Wayne that Dr P had basically told us we were old, fat and lazy! We were both agog for a minute at that realisation. What did we do? The only sensible thing of course, we jumped in the car and headed for a fave restaurant for a scrumptious meal washed down of course with a nice bottle of red! Our new lives will start tomorrow I'm sure!
![]() |
| Image source |
Any tips for turning over a new leaf peeps?
G. xx
PS - yes I am sitting here writing this post with a glass of wine at hand!

LOL! I hear ya, G. I love that you guys went out for a "scrumptious meal" afterward! My new lifestyle always starts tomorrow too. ;) Thanks as always for the laughs. Take care!
ReplyDeleteHi Catherine, thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad we aren't the only ones to 'start tomorrow'!
DeleteHope you and yours are well.
G. xx
How hilarious! Can so relate. The only tip I have; you should have started 20 years ago! Oh well ... LOL. Love the fact that you immediately implemented the exercise part by returning to the car, THAT, is true commitment! Cheers *clinks glass* xo
ReplyDeleteLOL, love your tip Sandra - but 20 years ago I was thin, fit and young! LOL. I'm so glad that you noticed our immediate commitment to exercising and then our further exercising our arms by lifting glasses!
DeleteCheers right backatcha too! Maybe one day we'll do it for real!
Thanks for stopping by and commenting again.
G. xx