Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Confessions & Choonz

Umm, hai...
 
Yes I know it's been a while since we chatted but, well, life kinda happens.  It's a biatch like that!  Anyhoo I thought it would be a great idea to time my 'comeback' with a confessional post whereby I link up with fellow blogger (& friend) the lovely Kirsty from My Home Truths.  Okay on to the confessional...
 
Confession One - I have failed the confessional as the link-up happens on a Monday (although Kirsty does state it is open all week - thank heavens for small mercies!).
 
Confession Two - I have no excuse for not posting yesterday (or even earlier today) as I'm on holidays this week.  Yes, can I just say that again - I'M ON HOLIDAYS THIS WEEK!  Woot!
 
Confession Three - I have failed with the prompt for this week's I Must Confess link-up and have only provided a half-arsed attempt at it.
 
Confession Four - my (dismal) soundtrack to my life.  Or rather, the choonz that strike a chord with me (tonight!).  Okay in no specific order...
  • Crazy in love - Beyoncé.  Well what can I say about this other than I lurve it coz I am partial to shakin' my booty (aka bustin' a move) in the privacy of my lounge room.  Oh alright, and occasionally out with a suitable amount of wine on board!
  • Dancing Queen - ABBA.  Well like duh!  Gay man here (and Abba tragic).  I channel my inner diva with this one.
  • I Ran - A Flock of Seagulls.  I was a teenager in the 80's which should explain A LOT.  As a result I am an 80's tragic.  I mean, the hair, the glasses, the fashion!  Also think Duran Duran, Adam & the Ants, etc.  Yes I did attempt those fashions and hairstyles (I had the hair to do it back then).
  • Radioactive - Imagine Dragons.  This is a great song by an equally great group (great album too).  And the video is just awesome.  Currently on high rotation here.
  • Anchor - Mindy Gledhill.  I discovered this truly beautiful song a couple of years back and it really struck a chord with me.  This is the song I would sing to the lovely Wayne at our wedding coz it sums up EXACTLY how I feel about and towards him.  2 proviso's to this actually happening though - being able to legally marry him here in Australia, and copious singing lessons as I can't hold a tune to save my life!  Also have a listen to the Spanish version that Mindy does coz it's equally beautiful.
All in all though, I have very varied musical tastes and they are linked to my moods, and some would say my state of sobriety!  These choonz are by no means my most fave, they are what popped into my head while composing this post (well except for Mindy Gledhill coz it is how I feel about, you know, him!).
 
And there endeth the confessional!


Oh wow, whoever said that confession was good for the soul was onto something.  I feel much better for it, truly!  Do you wanna feel good (no this isn't a cheesy segway to some dubious marital aid product)?  Then why not pop over and link up with Kirsty at My Home Truths.

G. xx

4 comments:

  1. You make me laugh - I love this! Welcome back to blogging my friend! Love your list and loving the reminder of Flock of Seagulls - wow, that is a blast from the past!!!! Have an awesome week off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kirsty, thanks for stopping by lovely. Yes, I'm back from my bloggy silence (look out world!) and participating in your I Must Confess link-up was a suitable way to return.

      As for Flock of Seagulls, I may or may not have upset the lovely Wayne on Tuesday night when I was composing this post for playing that song at full volume at 11.00pm!!!

      G. xx

      Delete
  2. Love Dancing Queen! And I'm off to you tube Anchor. Have a great holiday and thanks for stopping by my blog too (The Crafty Expat)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rita, thanks so much for stopping by, and thanks so much for the holiday wishes. We're now back and as is our way, we ate and drank waaayyy too much. But that's what holiday's are for, right?!

      I hope you like Anchor as much as I do, it's just such a beautiful song.

      G. xx

      Delete