Thursday, 20 March 2014

The impatient patient

I've been out of action for the last few weeks as I had to have a little op that has resulted in me taking things very slowly whilst I recuperate.  And I'm doing just fine too.  I should also confess that I'm not known for being the most patient of souls at the best of times, so you can imagine just how patient I've been as a patient!

You know how opposites attract, right?  Well that's kinda how it is here.  The lovely Wayne is very patient (well with me anyway) and has looked after this here patient very very well since I came home almost two weeks ago.  There have been a couple of days where I have needed a dose of reality - you know, those days where you feel a little sorry for yourself.  Well he has been very patient and understanding and has just ignored that.  He truly is a gem and I reckon I'm a very lucky guy.  These past couple of weeks have made me thankful for a couple of things...
  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the lovely Wayne is my rock.  Thanks handsome, you are my world and you go out of your way to make sure I feel like the centre of your world - love you long time. xx
  2. In the scheme of things, my op and recovery are but a blip on the radar.  I've given myself a stern talking to during this time and told myself to drink a cup of concrete and harden the fug up.  True story!

The lovely Wayne - he's kinda awesome in my book!

What did I learn from this?  I have to confess that I'm an impatient patient!

Do you think opposites attract (are you and your significant other opposites)?
Are you an impatient patient?
What are your tips for learning how to be a little more patient (asking for a friend)?

I'm linking up (a little late) with Kirsty at My Home Truths for her weekly I must confess... linkup.  You should too, confession is sooo liberating you know!

I Must Confess

G. xx

3 comments:

  1. Nathan and I are complete opposites. He's the steady one who dishes out reality for me and I'm the one who worries and is sympathetic. I do sometimes wish I could get some of my own sympathy from him!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds just like here Kirsty. Hang in there lovey - from one worrier to another!

      And thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      G. xx

      Delete
  2. Wayne does sound like he's lovely. Opposites do attract, I think, and for a good reason. If each partner can bring something different to the relationship that complements the other then the whole will be stronger.

    ReplyDelete