Saturday, 4 February 2012

#FebPhotoADay - Day 4: A Stranger

The subject for today's photo for the February Photo a Day Challenge was A Stranger.  Now I wasn't sure how to approach this.  I'd originally decided that I would confidently walk up to a random stranger and explain the photo challenge and then ask if I could take their photo.  Hmmm, after wandering around at the local shopping centre for 30 minutes trying to pick a victim, I chickened out.  I then considered my options late this afternoon as the day was drawing to a close and I had yet to take a photo.  A last minute dash to the bottle shop provided me with an opportunity however the place was crawling with people so I was faced with the same situation as my earlier attempt.  In desperation I took a covert kinda shot of the counter which included a customer and a sales assistant.  I then edited it to protect the innocent and to disguise the fact that it was shakey and out of focus.  The things one does to get that photo....LOL.  Anyhoo, here it is...

3 comments:

  1. I love this photo and your story about how you got it! I'm also doing the photo-a-day challenge and had a hard time getting a stranger's picture. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your other February photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Catherine. It was certainly an interesting theme and challenging to say the least.

      As a relatively new blogger like yourself I was quite chuffed to receive your comment, not just because of the kind words but also because you are my first ever commenter!! It was a bit exciting getting confirmation that someone other than friends/family had looked at my blog! So thank you thank you thank you :-)

      I'll certainly make a point of following your progress with the Feb Photo Challenge.

      G.

      Delete
    2. OMG, I had no idea you referenced me in your blog until just now when I came to check out your latest photo-a-day challenge photos! You think getting your first comment is exciting...wait until someone actually writes your blog name and YOUR name in a post!!! Thank you, thank you! I WILL definitely repay in kind. But I'll wait a bit, so you're not expecting it, k? ;)
      p.s. {love} the photo for today, SUN.

      Delete