Monday, 2 April 2012

Of Lanterns & Umbrellas

Here I am ready to go with my photo for today's prompt as part of the April Photo A Day Challenge.

April Photo a Day - Day 2:  Colour
For today's prompt of colour I didn't simply want a photo of a single colour, I wanted more than one colour and they had to be bright-ish colours.  We have a set of brightly coloured lanterns under our outdoor umbrella which are both festive and pretty, especially at night when sitting outside enjoying a barbeque with a refreshing glass of wine.  Now in order to get the night time effect, I had to edit the photo just a little to darken the surrounds and make them super bright - what's a little editing between friends?!  Anyhoo, here's the result....lanterns of colour under our umbrella.






2 comments:

  1. The colors are beautiful! So's your new blog header by the way. I was so anxious in my last comment to tell you how much I liked the Batman & Robin pic that I forgot to also say that the whole blog looks great! Hope you're sleeping well now. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. I wasn't happy with the blog header so finally had some time to tinker with it. And as a friend of mine says, "you can never have too much leopard skin"! LOL.

      Delete