Monday, 18 June 2012

Inked

June Photo A Day - Day 18:  Something we don't know about you
Today's photo prompt was something we don't know about you, or rather me.  Something that most people don't know about me is that I have a tattoo on my upper back of an ancient Egyptian Ankh.  Why an Ankh you ask.

I've been fascinated by all things ancient Egypt since I was a child and as an adult have always wanted an Ankh cross to wear as it symbolises life.  Throughout my adult life I've had a number of these that I have either purchased or been given however none of them has ever felt right.  When I turned 40 I had a kind of epiphany and decided I would get my first and only tattoo - a tattoo of an Ankh on my upper back.  From the moment I had it done it felt right, like it was meant to be there.  It's roughly 7cm (just under 3inches) from top to bottom and sits just below a T-shirt collar - it is after all for me and not a showy thing.

Anyhoo, the photo...


So there you have dear reader, something you didn't know about me.  Is there something that most people don't know about you?  Care to share?

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I need to catch up today on my photo-a-day prompts and this one has me a bit stumped. I'll figure something out, but I wish I had a cool tattoo like you - that's perfect! Love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. The tattoo was something I never thought I'd do, but I love it and I was quite specific about the design and colour considering it is kinda permanent!

      Delete