Friday, 2 November 2012

Colourful Lights & Magnets

Here I am on Day Two of the November Photo A Day Challenge - the prompt for which is Colour.  Read here about my twist to this month's challenge.


Today's diptych is nothing like what I had planned - yes, I've begun planning my photos for the month!  Before I talk about this photo, let me tell you about the planned photo.  At my place of employ, there's some pretty funky decor/fixtures throughout the building in a myriad of colours which were going to form the basis of today's shot - think artistic angled shot of a multi coloured room divider.  There's also an in-house cafeteria which stocks re-usable keep cups for coffee in a range of bright colours (the shelf display is great) - a shot of these was to be the other part of today's diptych.  So, what happened?  I was too unwell to go to work today (damn migraine).  I'm ok this evening (lotsa drugs and sleep does wonders!).
 
This brings me to the photo above.  I found these funny magnetic thingys (technical term) in a box in our bookcase so made the word colour - yes I know, my artistic creativity truly knows no bounds!  Also in said bookcase was a set of Christmas fairy lights.  These were draped over my bedside lamp to create a colourful ambiance - oh alright, they were thrown across the lamp-shade and plugged in!  Not too bad a result I guess as the fairy lights cast some really pretty rainbows on the wall.
 
And that, dear reader, is the story of today's photo.
 
G. xx

2 comments:

  1. I am loving your photos Gary. Inspires me to be more creative with mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly, you're very kind. Your blog is awesome and is inspiring me to think about what I want to blog about in the future. To not be afraid to blog from the heart!

      G. xx

      Delete