Today is Day Fourteen of the November Photo A
Day Challenge and it's also my birthday! The prompt for today is Man made (You can read
here about my self
imposed twist to this month's challenge).
Let me get to the photo first then I'll fill you in on my birthday. Today's diptych composition consists of a large wall clock which I bought from a fabbo little boutique in Leura in the Blue Mountains, and a chocolate bouquet. Both are man made and both are loved by yours truly!
Okay enough about the photos, lets talk about my birthday (coz it's all about me today, right?!). Lets start at the beginning. A few weeks ago I mentioned a routine visit to my doctor and how he wanted me to have all manner of tests undertaken. Well due to my procrastination with the barrage of blood tests, I needed to have them done TODAY, my birthday! So this morning we (yes I made the lovely Wayne accompany me) toddled off to the pathologist so they could take what seemed like 90% of the blood out of my body - happy bloody birthday! At least the pathology nurse wished me happy birthday. Speaking of said nurse, it turns out that we worked together 25 years ago so had a great little catch-up chat whilst I was drained of almost all my blood (I am sooo not a drama queen).
Following this, the lovely Wayne took me out for breakfast to a fave cafe with gorgeous lake views not far from home. Whilst there, the cafe proprietor advised us that it was the cafe's first birthday today and as such, all patrons could have a free slice of celebratory birthday cake, so we did! What made this extra special was that unbeknownst to me, the lovely Wayne had advised the proprietor that it was also my birthday. My slice of cake arrived with a candle on it ;-)
We didn't do lunch as we were both still too full from our breakfast grazing. Dinner however necessitated food, and of course wine. As a starter we enjoyed large juicy pacific ocean oysters naturale with a glass or two of champagne. This was followed by a large amount of king prawns enjoyed with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. The evening feast concluded with a serve of cookies and cream ice cream - yummmm.
Presents. Yes I know that's what you really want to know about. Let me just say CD's, clothes, champagne, chocolates and a washing machine! Yes, a washing machine. No, the lovely Wayne isn't an unromantic man, it was all about timing. A new washing machine was required and just happened to be purchased on my birthday!
As I sit here this evening enjoying (another) glass of wine, I'm very thankful that I've again had a wonderful birthday and have received lots of wonderful birthday wishes from lots of lovely people. Thank you.
G. xx




Oh what a lovely birthday! And you're so upbeat about the doctors too!
ReplyDeleteGlad it was a nice day. Happy birthday Gary :)
Thanks Carly. It was a day of simple pleasures - the best kind of day. And I just loved it.
DeleteG. xx